"whale oil" for speedometers

A while ago I posted a question about noise coming from my speedo following
a new speedometer cable install. A guy at work here advised to use some
speedometer lube or "whale oil" and put a little bit between the ring and
the shaft of the sleeve on the speed itself. I just picked some up today and
will try the application this week. The stuff in question is called
"Additive Friction Modifier" and I picked it up at the ford parts counter.
The web page that desribes its use is ;

 <<Whale Oil.htm>>
Thanks,
Pat
Dallas

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of Whale Oil.htm]