Re: 73 rear bumper

Richard,

I don't know about the '73's but I think they work the same way they do on my
'71.

Since the actual method on the several cars I have seen is so simple, just a
bolt through a plate on the bumper through a rubber washer into the side of
the car, I am wondering if there is a difference.

There should be flat plate welded to the bumper end with a hole for the short
bolt.  I have a "spare" that I broke the plate off of last fall by accident
when trying to do something that didn't seem like it should have broken the
plate off.  This may be what happened to yours if you don't have plates.

John Justus