	From: Ian Lomax [mailto:sfalfisto@domain.elided]
	Sent: Mon 5/20/2002 9:30 PM
	To: Glenn Wasserman
	Subject: Re: 164Q - Check engine light?

	first thing to do is pull the codes.  it's safer not to drive the car until you're sure what the problem is.

	to get the codes, turn the key to on, then pump the throttle to the floor five times.  the check engine light will flash out the four digit code, with a long flash in between.  you'll figure it out.  the 164 site should have a list of codes, or call a service shop from there.

	good luck!

	ian lomax
	94 164LS
	SF, CA

	  Glenn Wasserman <glennwa@domain.elided> wrote:

		help! The Check engine light went on today. Vital signs seem OK. Is the car OK to drive? What does it mean?

		Thanks,
		-Glenn