Re: 164Q - Check engine light?

 well, the first check to make is to see if you can erase the codes and see how quickly it comes back.  i'm not sure if an extended battery disconnect will do it, but it's an easy test.  give it a few minutes disconnected.  you might also check the connection at the ECU, wherever it is.  in all my years of working with development ECU's, i never had one go bad.  i blew a few chips here and there, and had lots of pins work loose from repeated connections, but the ECU itself is pretty robust.
APE might have a used ECU, or check out squadra corsa in the netherlands for an aftermarket unit.
good luck,
Ian Lomax
94 164LS
SF, CA
  Glenn Wasserman <glennwa@domain.elided> wrote: I found the codes on the Digest FAQ site, and blinked them back.

I got a 1251 code - EPROM Control Unit Faulty - Replace S11.

Sounds expensive :-(

Anyone know what this REALLY means? What's the EPROM control unit? Is this going to just quit at some point?

Thanks
-Glenn