Re: Thinner Gaskets

Hi Zamani and digesters,

Not sure if this is any help to you, but a local gasketmaker here in
Australia called ACL will make (by lasercutting) any headgasket for you out
of solid sheet copper, with the following proviso's- 1. You send them a
sample of the gasket you want cut, as they need the gasket profile 2.You
include a tidy sum of money with the sample gasket (the cost is very
reasonable when converted to US dollars) 3. The thickness of the gasket you
require is actually available as sheet copper stock. Given that most of
their requests would be for thicker than stock headgaskets (ie. for
decompression purposes, turbo installation etc), proviso #3 may be an issue
for you.

I would dare say you may still be able to use the original size o-rings, or
that you may be able to find a thinner o-ring with at a seal supplier, but
which would probably slightly differ to the original dimensions in I/D or
O/D. Keep in mind that this gasket would be solid copper (no fiber), which
in itself may present some sealing difficulties.

Personally, I would find it easier just to have the head(s) shaved to raise
compression,

Regards,

Sasha Nackovski- Whittlesea, Victoria, Australia.