Spider engine teardown questions

I cannot seem to get the bolt holding the front pulley broken loose.  Is
there something that I am missing?  Are the threads left handed?
I also am scratching my head about the cylinder liner inspection.  The
bores are shiny with what looks like honing crosshatch marks and no
discernable wear ridge...however...both a first and second compression
ring have excessive ring gap and initial measurements of the bore show
3.375" so right now I am assuming that I must replace the liners.
Please share any experience anyone has had with this.

A Savage

1977 Spider
1999 Chevy Venture (Alfa Parts transporter)