Austin Healey Sprite ( non-Alfa ) question

Greetings Alfisti !

A friend has offered for sale to me his Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite for
$1000.  As far as I know it's relatively rust-free and apart from the
brakes in fine mechanical shape.  Judging from my internet research they
are worth quite a bit of $$$ when restored.  So I'm thinking of this car as
being a stepping stone to what I REALLY want next:  a 69 GTV !

If anyone has any advice or comments on this vehicle please email me.

Ciao,

Dan Walker
67 Duetto