Spider battery relocation

I am in the final stages of cleaning up the engine bay on my 71 Spider.  Since there is some rust around the battery tray that I am going to have patched up, I was thinking of just eliminating the rusty old tray and relocating the battery to the trunk, freeing up some space in the engine compartment, and moving some mass to the rear to improve weight distribution.

I believe later spiders had the battery in the trunk, but in the location where my jack currently resides.  My question is, where did the factory route the positive cable, and where did they ground it?  Does the cable run underneath the car alongside the fuel lines?  Anyone out there done this on a spider, or GTV?

Any suggestions or "been there done that's" would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ian Lomax
71 Spider
94 164 LS