Non-rod Knock Fixed: Timing chain tension adjustment

>2. With the car idling at normal speed (~800-1000 >RPM), loosen the
adjustment bolt. (How loose? I rotated it probably haf to three-fourths
of a turn, so that it took no real effort to turn the wrench.) <

 Alfisti,  I would be VERY cautious about loosening that chain
tensioner bolt with the car running !  If you loosen it too much, you
will cause yourself hours of grief, and that isn't counting what might
happen to your engine.  I just had my 2 L. head milled and had to remove
the tensioner to take the head to the machine shop.  It took me 2 full
hours to get that tensioning bolt and little piece that fits on the end
of it back in place and working properly.  If you have large fingers, you
probably can't ever get it back together !!!  It is something i hope i
never have to do again !  Another method for chain tensioning is to  take
the cam cover off, loosen the 14mm bolt about 1/2 - 3/4 turn ( NO
MORE!!!) then use a large screwdriver to push out on the tensioner, then
retighten the bolt while holding the tension with the screwdriver.joel
lewishouston