Driveline Shudder

I just recently purchased a 1986 Alfa Spider Quadrifoglio. Its a very nice car
with 94,000. Runs,drive great, however when pulling away from a dead stop you
can feel and hear a shudder or thumping that feels like its coming up through
the bottom of the seat. Its 3 quick thumps. If you pull away very slowly this
will not happen. I'm not sure if its coming from the driveline or rear end but
its somewhere in that vicinity.

If someone out there can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Richard Azar
1986 Spider