Re: Spider motor mounts

Charlie said:
"The OEM motor mounts on USA Spiders (through 94) were made of a material
that
was prone to shrink, dry, crack, and get plumb wore out in a few years...
And now there is a new-style mount made of an improved material that should
retain its shape and size and last longer.  THIS is what you want when you
are changing your mounts (and I would guess if you haven't done it before,
the very newest old-style ones are closing on 8 years old now...)"

Charlie -
Would I be correct in assuming that newly purchased mounts would be made of
the new, good material and not the old, bad material?  Or does one need to
know how to tell the difference?
And if yes, then how does one tell the diffrerence?
Lemme ask another way - which does IAP sell, the old bad ones or new good
ones?
The IAP catalog sez "Same as original equipment."

Dave Martin
87 Spider Quad