Strange Torque Experience

I just completed installing my flywheel on my '76 Spider. When I stepped
the torque values from 40 to 60 then to the final 81 foot pounds I
didn't notice the bolts advancing very much at all. I mean the wrench
clicked and I couldn't tell if the bolt moved.

I tapped the holes twice and cleaned the bolt holes and bolts with tons
of brake cleaner and a wire brush. They were so clean they squeaked when
I test threaded the bolts.

The time between application of the Loctite threading and tightening was
not more than 3-5 minutes so I don't think the Loctite could have
hardened. My wrench is a 1/2 inch drive 20-150 foot pound wrench, and
it's about 18-20 inches long so it doesn't take a lot of effort to put a
lot of torque on a bolt. It's a Craftsman and I've used it twice.

Are these fasteners and the crank so damn hard that the amount of
movement wouldn't be noticeable? Do they simply not stretch? Anyone have
similar experiences?

Thanks,
Jason Glover