From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Scott Fisher
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 6:26 PM
To: Gregory S. Youngblood; alfa@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Morning drive..

Bushings, in particular the big one at the end of the
"T" bar at the top of the diff but also the ones in
the trailing arms.  They're likely to make a bigger
difference in the kind of symptoms you describe than
the shocks, unless the shocks are just worn out.

Also, believe it or not -- how old are your tires?
Not just how much tread is left, but when were they
put on the car?  Rubber ages over time, especially (in
my experience) if the car has sat for any time -- and double-especially
if the tires have gone flat and the car has rested on the sidewalls.
You will get not only the out-of-round feeling, but also a side-to-side
wobble that's frightening at high speeds.

But swapping tires front-to-rear is easy and free.
Start there and see if you simply have a missing wheel
weight or something.

--Scott Fisher
  Tualatin, Oregon