RE: 87 Spider bubbles in oil

The bubbles could pass for frothy, I suppose.  I do not see any sign
of oil in the coolant.  Believe me, that was the first thing I
checked!

I think I have figured out what's going on.  I must have changed my
habits recently.  For the past few weeks I have been getting gas at a
station just around the corner from my house.  The engine is barely
warm when I check the oil.  When the engine and oil are fully heated,
there are no bubbles on the dip stick.  I'll go back to checking it
hot from now on.

Thanks to everyone who responded!

--

  -Robert Abatecola, San Jose, CA