No start, No run, what to do? Di Matteo

I have a few minutes to kill this very fine morning in Southwest Florida
so I thought I would pass on some information to the novices among you
faithful Digesti.
You get in your car, insert the key and turn it to start but nothing
happens, no clicks, nothing.   Turn on the lights and nothing.  You are
certain the battery is good and should be fully charged but is it?  The
first thing to do is lift the hood or trunk lid to find the battery.  Of
course, if you have no test light or VOM (volt-ohmmeter) don''t bother
unless you just want to check the battery connections.  Often when a car
has not been run for a week or more the cable clamps and posts ,ay need
cleaning, easy with the wire brush tool made to clean both.  You turn on
the light switch and you have light now. The cars should start.   You
find it cranks over just fine, the lights are bright and stay bright
while cranking.  No start so what to do?  It all depends on the
year/model and whether carbs or fuel injected Spica or Bosch.  It is
important because each system requires a different approach and right
now I must tend to other pressing duties.  If you are one that has fair
knowledge of your car and tools to do minor repairs as well as tune ups
etc. I will continue with "how to" trouble shoot first a carb equipped
then Spica and then Bosch.   Any interest out there?  Fred Di Matteo
AROC Technical Advisor in Fort Myers Florida