re: GP

At 7:57 PM -0400 5/13/02, alfa-digest wrote:
>I for one agree entirely and note with interest that FIA has called
>Scuderia Ferrari and MS and RB to a special hearing enquiry. The talk is of
>taking away the team's points and imposing exclusions from at least 1 race
>for the drivers because what they did in collusion was "not in the spirit
>of the sport". I also lay the blame on the drivers. This is purely
>hypothetical but I can't imagine me doing what Schumacher did if I was the
>World Champion. He didn't have to overtake Barrichello. Stuff the team
>orders. Similarly RB didn't need to slow down. What's with these guys? What
>the hell would Luca di Montezomolo (?) have done if they hadn't followed
>team orders ... sack them? Yeah right. I was holding off posting about this
>topic till it got mentioned by others because I believe that not everyone
>receives free-to-air live coverage as we do in li'l ole Noo Zeeland but now
>I can let off some steam. I am totally disgusted!!!
>
>Livid Les

I initially wondered the same thing--Michael obviously felt bad and
feels that he's not that desperate for championship points--so why
did he overtake?  And the only conclusion I can come to is that if I
were getting paid $43 million a year, I'd do what my boss says to do.
(It's also worth remembering, I think, what happened in April and May
of 1982 over some Ferrari team orders that *weren't* obeyed.)