Wet Brakes

Hello, listers.
Every time I drive my 87 Spider Quadrifoglio on a rainy day I must be
especially careful, because if it has been a while since I last braked, then
they are quite ineffective until after I have gotten on the binders for a
bit and they have heated up and dried off.  It can be dicey when coming up
on traffic.  If I keep them hot then they are fine, but if it has been
smooth cruising on the expressway for ten miles before my exit, then I had
better remember and get 'em hot before I get onto the ramp.
This happens "everytime" now, but I've had the car for about 11 years and I
do not recall that this happened when I first owned it  - maybe it did and I
just don't remember.  Anyway, it surely happens now everytime it rains.

Any thoughts?

I see in IAP's catalog that for the upgrade (cross-drilled and slotted)
rotors, that they say "...and improve wet-weather braking."  Is this what I
need?

Dave Martin
Endwell, NY