Re: Farce at Austria (little Alfa content

John Fielding wrote:

>I agree with the comments expressed about the stupid team orders of
>Ferrari.  Having had a
>day to ponder the reasons and taking into account Mr. Shoemakers comments
>after the GP I
>think the following comments are deserved.

(cut)

>I think Rubeno should have been allowed to take the victory he so
>obviously deserved, to
>say anything else surely makes a mockery of the sport!
>
>I have no respect for Ferrari after y'days "stuff-up".  The local TV news
>called it "the
>biggest blunder ever made by a GP team in the history of the sport".
>
>My 2c worth, if you don't agree - well who cares?

I for one agree entirely and note with interest that FIA has called
Scuderia Ferrari and MS and RB to a special hearing enquiry. The talk is of
taking away the team's points and imposing exclusions from at least 1 race
for the drivers because what they did in collusion was "not in the spirit
of the sport". I also lay the blame on the drivers. This is purely
hypothetical but I can't imagine me doing what Schumacher did if I was the
World Champion. He didn't have to overtake Barrichello. Stuff the team
orders. Similarly RB didn't need to slow down. What's with these guys? What
the hell would Luca di Montezomolo (?) have done if they hadn't followed
team orders ... sack them? Yeah right. I was holding off posting about this
topic till it got mentioned by others because I believe that not everyone
receives free-to-air live coverage as we do in li'l ole Noo Zeeland but now
I can let off some steam. I am totally disgusted!!!

Livid Les