RE: Re: 91 Spider won't turn over

Hello Tony,
 My 91 did the same thing, but I can hear the clicking every time I try to crank. The battery is good, I tested the solenoid & starter by connecting a wire to the solenoid (branching from the ignition wire) and jump it to the 12V post on the driver side fender and it cranked every time. I think the ignition switch is flaky. It also depends on the key that I used. But either way, it's the ignition switch as in my case. Now I leave the hot wire next to the 12V post. If it doesn't crank, I just put it in neutral and turn on the ignition and jump it from the engine compartment. I'll get a starter switch and connect it inside the car for convenience.

Good luck,

Louis,
91 Spider Veloce,
Sunnyvale, CA