91 Spider won't turn over

Bernie;

There is a neutral/reverse switch on the transmission that if bad will cut
off power to the starter. The easiest way to check this is to take a jumper
wire and jump from the cable coming from the battery to the starter
solenoid. If it starts you found the problem, if not you will need to trace
out the problem. But I'm betting on the switch.

This happen to me while my 91 was under warranty. I would jump the solenoid
and it would start. Take it to the dealer and they couldn't find anything
wrong. Finally I had it towed to the dealer and they found the problem. The
reason they couldn't find it when I drove it in was that it only failed when
it was cold, after the car warmed up it was ok.

Hint, wear an old long sleeve shirt when you reach down to the started, and
you will have to in between the intake manifold and the distributor as you
look down between the intake manifold and the overflow bottle.

Cordova Ralph
Ralph Fetsch
Cordova Tennessee
1991 Spider Veloce w/auto
1964 Giulia 1600 Spider

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]