V-6 cam O-ring replacement

Need to replace the O-rings on the cam hubs.  Seems "relatively" easy
(famous last words!!!) - hold the cam wheel with special tool (I have
this), undo the nut at front of cam shaft holding hub & wheel to camshaft;
remove hub, replace O-ring, refit, torque etc.  [I shall also be putting on
new belt & tensioner - done this many times, so not a problem]

The question:  not having the puller to remove the hub, can I use a gear
puller or ?  From the marks on the hubs looks like PO or unknown mechanic
used a BFH at some point to remove hubs and/or cam wheels!!!

Any tips please.  (Fred be gentle!!! 8=))))

Many thanks

Ralph
Houston, TX