substitute oil caps

The oil cap flew off my Spider at our last track day, and disappeared w/o a
trace.  No spares around, I bought a Stant radiator cap at a nearby auto
parts store.  Ripped the spring pressure mechanism off it, trimmed the ears
a little to fit the Alfa's cam cover, and it worked perfectly.

After the last session, Joe Kollmann and I drove slowly around and found my
cap lying in the infield, but I like the Stant cap so well, I've just left
it on.  Matter of fact, I think I'll go paint it black right now.

Note:  If/when YOU blow oil all over your Spider's engine compartment, a
seemingly infinite supply of oil will get under the support frame of your
hood (bonnet) and will seep around the front of your hood like chewing
tobacco from a toothless geezer's lip, every time you drive the car.  The
third trip to the car wash, I finally figured out that you have to wash
under the entire frame, not just the part at the front of the hood.  You'll
see, when your time comes!

Cheers,
Joe