2.0 V6??

Joseph Kanellopoulos said -

"Here is another crazy idea....

"If memory recalls, there is a turbo 2.0ltr V6 for the Italian market, I
think
that would do very very well with the tuner crowds here..."

Boy, I wish...unfortunately, I'm afraid that your average American
gearhead (including more than a few in this august forum) sees 2 liters
as too puny for words. Mazda offered a 1.8 V6 a few years back in the
MX-3, and I never even saw a road test of it, though I would dearly love
to drive one just to check it out. Baby sixes, whether V or inline, are
particular favorites of mine, dating from the first time I read about
the MG K3 Magnette of the '30s, which had a supercharged 1.5 liter SOHC
six, and was one hellraisin' little buggy. Pretty, too...of course, the
classic Alfa 1750 was a six as well. I guess an extra pair of cylinders
is just so much excess hardware to current designers, what with balance
shafts and all, but we romantics don't have to worry about volumetric
efficiency or cost-effectiveness, do we?

Will Owen
Happy with his 2.5 in
Pasadena, CA