Re: O2 sensor

Just had a long chat with Roger at Roger's Autoworks re- my problem (after
Ron at Camissa was of little diagnostic help). Roger knows
Alfas/smog/ignition well and concurs that it is doubtful a bad O2 sensor and
in 30 years has rarely if ever, seen one go bad. Would also cause Check
engine light to go on plus strange codes etc which mine does not do, and
motor to run rich (which mine does not). Suspects high humidity causing
ignition problem and coils to short and act act up (which they do). So, next
job is to remove junk from rear bank and check/change the coils/plugs, and go
from there. Doubt if its the coolant temp. sensor although mind you it just
might possibly be. I changed it a year ago, but for a used one, and ever
since then, the red light went on and stays on 90% of the time. Might just be
a bum one. Everything is so darned inter-related in these cars that one thing
affects another which..... I just may start off by getting a new one of those.

Now if only I knew why my 74 GTV did not pass smog today - its last test
ever! Probably those darned 1750 cams... One thing after another.....
Graham Arlen
Oakland CA
94 164LS
88 Milano
74 GTV
61 spider (soon to be sold to pay for all above the above repairs and Roger's
new yacht  !!!)