Re: 93 octane

Following up as long as I'm cleaning out the mailbox:

--- FERDINANDO DI MATTEO <aroctek@domain.elided>
wrote:
> I got that from the man who wrote the manuals!  Ian
> say 87 works well and so do I.

So, just for the record, does the Berlina.  On
Sunday's AROO Rally Cup #4, I filled up with 87
octane, thinking of this discussion.  Now, it was a
cool, damp day, the kind of day the least likely to
highlight any kind of pinging/detonation problem.

But I had none.  The car performed with its usual
ferocity -- from 4000 to 6000 RPM, this thing *flies*.
 Makes a great sound doing it, too, all vrooom and no
rattle.

Looking at the receipt on my desk, I see I paid $1.399
at the Texaco in Estacada, Oregon, roughly 40 cents
less than what they're getting for 91 or 92 octane if
I remember.  On the 10.15 gallons I bought Sunday,
that's about four bucks less than I would have spent
if I hadn't been paying attention.

Let's see, if I use 300 gallons, I'll save enough to
buy one Koni shock absorber... :-)

Thanks, Fred!

--Scott Fisher
  Tualatin, Oregon