Exhaust Transmission Mount on 105

>I was under my '71 GTV last night looking at the exhaust mount that ties
>onto the transmission.  I have the brackets and new rubber bushings and can
>see how it all goes together with the exception of one small detail.  The
>rubber bushings have a hole in the center that a bolt goes through to tie
>the two brackets together.  The bushings aren't symmetrical.  One face of
>the bushing is flat and the other face of the bushing is tall.  Below is a
>grossly exagerated ascii drawing of the bushing if it were laying on its
>side.
>   _____
>_/          \_
>|________|
>
>When installed, which side faces the front of the car - the flat side or the
>raised side?
>
>My next question is - Does anyone use this transmission bracket for their
>exhaust?

Hi Lawrence,
The flat side goes to the front.  Install them so the flat side is pretty much
flush with the trans bracket, so the round side protrudes out the back a bit.
This keeps the exhaust bracket from buzzing agains the trans bracket.

I think this bracket is needed.  If everything is aligned correctly this
bracket should keep some stress off your downpipes and manifold (I'm assuming
you don't have a header since you still have this bracket!)

Cheers,
Tony