164 as a daily car

You said:
I am considering the purchase of a 91 164L 5Sp.( in great shape)I wanted
some feed back as to the practicability  of this car as daily
transportation? Is there anyone on the list currently, that uses a 164 as
their daily transporation? What type of gas mileage can I expect? Moreover,
I have owned a GTV/6 for over 15 years and at one point it was driven daily
however, it did not serve well as daily transport.>>>

I have used my 168 as a daily driver on and off for 8 years. Now it's under
antique and collectible with State Farm so I can't go to work in it but, if,
and only if... you maintain the car well and pay attention when it wants
something, it is a very reliable car. Better if you are a wrench turnerand can
tweak along the way. I drove mine 11,000 miles in a month a while back, and no
issues at all... it's better to drive it than preserve it.

Just keep in mind that it's a 10-12 year old car and will likely have issues
of old age like any other car. And run the &$^% out of it to keep it happy.
(wink)

AlfaBill