Subject: Best convertible top and more

Robin wrote:

>Also, I vaguely remember some conversations about rustproofing the floors of
>the car and products to use.  Currently, the car's floor are sound, but have
>some surface rust, which I'd like to remove and then protect.   Any
>suggestions?

Many people swear by POR-15.  I've had good luck with Corroless (available
from Eastwood), which I think is easier to clean up and I believe is less
sensitive to UV (light)deterioration.  Just give the floors a good once over
with a wire wheel, wipe them clean with acetone, and either spray or brush on
the Corroless.  It dries a little slow, probably needs overnight in 65+
degrees to be good and dry.  You can paint over it with anything but laquer
(they say it can work but don't recommend it).  I have some fixes that are 3
years old now and show no signs of rust returning.

Eastwood also has some chemical rust strippers that are pretty good, you can
use these after your wire wheel work to really get the loose rust off.  Just
don't leave it on too long, it can perforate steel if it's rusted thin.  Of
course if it's that thin, it probably needed to be replaced anyway...

Tony
Portland, OR
70 2800CS
"Acceleration = (Mass - Rust) + Horsepower"