Re: FIAT and FERRARI and GM

It's hard to imagine GM actually bringing over Alfas to sell.  Of course
GM's dropping Oldsmobile, which sold in the hundreds of thousands annually,
and that makes you wonder what they'd expect sales-wise from Alfa Romeo.

Here in Atlanta at the Doraville plant GM makes the Chevrolet passenger van
( Venture?), and they made that identical van but with Opel badges and
exported it out of Savannah to Germany.  The first year 17,000 were sold in
Germany, an impressive number I think.  GM said "not enough to fool with",
and quit making the Opel version.  Remember it was merely a badge-engineered
US model.

In the book  ALL CORVETTES ARE RED    it is stated that GM sells 25,000
Corvettes annually, year after year, and they make a neat $10,000. profit
per each  (isn't that $250,000,000.?).  Yet the book describes how GM nearly
discontinued the Corvette in the early 90s for lack of interest.

Now you tell me how serious they could be about importing from Italy and
selling a real enthusiasts' Alfa.

Mr. Goose