RE: what is a spaced caliper?

Derek wrote:

>Is this something that can be done to a standard caliper, or does this
>require the purchase of one that is already split?
>
>Do you have a web link for these rotors and calipers? It sounds
>interesting.

I've heard of people having spacers machined, but I've also heard it's a
challenge to machine them to fine enough tolerances to get a reliable seal,
and it often ends up with calipers that weep fluid.

I am completely ignorant about GTV6 transaxle calipers, but I know that some
Porsche and BMW models use Ate calipers that are exactly like Alfa calipers
except they have spacers to allow for vented rotors.  Maybe there's a
cross-fit for the GTV6 caliper, or even a 4-piston caliper that will fit
(assuming GTV6's are not 4-piston, again I plead ignorance).

Cheers,
Tony
Portland, OR
70 2800CS