Re: Viscous coupling

--- "Storhok, Eric (E.M.)" <estorhok@domain.elided> wrote:
> Viscous couplings use a rather interesting material.
>
> I can't recall the actual technical term [...] Or
wet
> corn starch-

Oh, of course: and the technical term is non-Newtonian
fluid.  When we'd demonstrate this for the kids, we
used to call it "oobleck" (as in Bartholomew And The).
 It's a lot of fun because the stuff really does
appear to violate the intuitive laws of physics and
motion as perceived in normal everyday life.  Great
fun, Eric's experiment is highly recommended.

--Scott Fisher
  Tualatin, Oregon
.
http://health.yahoo.com