Re: 93 octane for 164

To make it really international.

In Europe Alfa Romeo recomends 95 octane only for all the gas engines.

As a european car manufacurer I think that they spec their cars with the
european octane rate.

regular 91 octane,

premium (super) 95 octane,

premium (super plus) 98 octane.

Peter

CT, USA & Germany

>From: "John Wiltshire" >Reply-To: "John Wiltshire" >To:
alfa-digest@domain.elided >Subject: Re: 93 octane for 164 >Date: Tue, 23 Apr
2002 13:36:01 +1000 > >Looking forward to what Fred has to say on the
octane rating for a 164, but >in the meantime, here's my two bob's worth
from the Australian perspective: > >*89 Octane Standard ULP: Performance
is ordinary, pinging is common under >load. About 380km per tank (city
driving, and filling when the fuel light >comes on). >*95 Octane Premium
ULP: Much smoother performance, no pinging, and about >420km per tank.
Sometimes would get attacks of pinging, so not all 95 >octane created
equal. >*98 Octane Premium ULP: A bit smoother than 95, noticeable that
the engine >copes better with stop/start driving, backing off throttle
etc. No pinging >ever while using 98 Octane. No better fuel economy than
95. > >With 98 Octane now widely available in Australia from Shell,
Mobil, BP and >Caltex, it seems to be replacing 95 Octane as the
"Premium" fuel (This only >holds for capital cities - 98 Octane out of
these area can still be >difficult to get). > >Can't get to my owner's
manual at present to check, but I think that it >specifies 95RON minimum
for the 164. > >John Wiltshire >Sydney Australia > >If you have received
this email in error, you are prohibited from reading, >copying,
distributing and using the information. >Please contact the sender
immediately by return email and destroy >the original message.
majordomo@domain.elided