leather upholstry

I've finally gotten around to doing the upholstery on the Project Alfa
Spider seats. I've got a real nice leather kit that I purchased from World
Upholstery about 2 or 3 years ago that has been waiting patiently in the
shipping box all this time. I finished one headrest that came out good and
I'm working on the first seatback. After about two days of grunting and
stretching and pulling it looks great except for some wrinkles in the smooth
section at the upper corners of the pleated insert (original design). As
much as I've tried I can't find any way of getting these wrinkles out other
that some method of shrinking the leather to fit the form. I have no prior
experience with upholstery or leather work so I'm not sure of how to do this
or if it can be done. I've been thinking of wetting the leather and letting
it dry in the sun.

Are there any upholstery gurus out there. I don't want to take it to a shop
unless there is some outrageously expensive equipment needed to do it
properly. I really enjoy doing it myself and - obviously from the pace of
Project Alfa, I'm in no hurry.

Paul Irvine - Antioch CA
Project Alfa - http://home.pcmagic.net/pi