164S & Q Trunk Springs

Sorry to jump in without having read the previous posts on the subject, but
I replaced my trunk lid struts on a 92 164S with OEM Alfa S springs
easily. I removed the struts, and attached the S-specific springs to the
hinge arm holes and sheet metal attaching points on the trunk lip edge. Has
Alfa discontinued the correct springs?

 I have noticed that several S models Ive seen did not have the required
spring attaching points welded to the sheet metal. Having owned both 91 and
92 164Ss, I also noticed that the 91 hinges and struts were completely
different than the mounting points and struts on my current 92.

Rich Lasner
1992 164S
ARA
AROC