Re: Alfa articles

> Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:59:42 -0700
> From: George Graves <gmgraves@domain.elided>
> Subject: Alfa articles
>
> There is a British 'performance car' magazine called "Evo" which has three
> articles on Alfa Romeo in the April Issue. This magazine is available on US
> news stands (bought my copy at Tower Books) now. The first article is about
> driving impressions of the new 156 GTA (they liked it) then there are two
> more articles about the original GTA. There is also a piece about the Brera
> in the news section. They say that not only is the car slated for
> production, but its the Brera, not the Spider which will spearhead Alfa
> Romeo's return to the US market in 2004, not 2005. I wonder of they know
> something that the rest of the automotive world does not know?
>
> George Graves

I just stumbled across it yesterday at a bookstore.  Nice read, nicer
pictures...

I wondered at that Brera article..  sounds like they got a lot of rumor
and misinformation?  They said the car has been around since '97 as
well.. thought this was a 3 month wonder. I've heard said, though, "it
was designed to be built in production".. whatever that means.

Anyway, last opinion I was hearing, it wasn't slated for production in
the forseeable next few years.  Anyone with GOOD info otherwise?

The other thing, that latest "road map" from Fiat, seemed to mesh with
the idea of any car US bound will be a ground up new model.  They
mention the 156 replacement coming on line first, in early '04. Could
this mean US Alfa's earlier than '05, like they were apparently
indicating earlier?