Wanted: Super parts

My 67 Super is going into the body shop next month to repair some traffic
cone damage to the front valance.  While there I will have a few additional
repairs done such as attending to the rust around the battery tray.  At
some point the PO had this particular car shortened on the rear bumper of a
pickup truck so I will be trying to improve upon the subsequent shoddy
repair also.

I have received an NOS hood (configured for a later model Super despite the
vendor's assurance that it was correct for my car) and a useable repair
panel for the valence.

The threaded inserts for the hood latch on this new hood are about a half
inch further forward than on my existing hood.  Whether this is because my
existing hood is shorter than when it came from the factory or the new hood
is longer I am not quite sure.  The upshot is that the tang of the hood
latch won't fit down into the hole in the body cross member.  Part of this
may be due to the crossmember being bent backward a bit.  I would like to
find a replacement crossmember if possible.  Does anybody out there have a
wrecked or rusted Super they'd be willing to cut up to donate this part?

Evidently there were three NOS valances at Hurtienne not long ago and they
included this crossmember.  Someone from the U.S. bought ALL THREE of them!
 Does anyone on the list know who this person is so that I might get my
hands on one?

Blair Nelson
Seattle, WA
67 Super