Nifty Italian Car sightings in Pittsburgh

The nice weather seems to bring them out of hiding.

I was happy to see a very nice, very red Giulietta Spider just as it was
going into the Sq Hill tunnel.   I was driving a ratty looking gray
Milano Verde in the other direction.

The really interesting car I saw though, was a 2001 DeTomaso Mangusta.
    At first I had no idea what it was, but knew it was Italian.   I was
really surpised when I saw the Mangusta badge on it.   I had no idea
that DeTomaso was producing cars again, and recycling names to boot.

http://www.autoimage8.iwarp.com/deto001.htm

Apparently it's a Mustang V8 at heart with Mustang switchgear (ick),
console, and other stock Ford bits too.   They are now made by Qvale in
Modena, as Mr. DeTomaso didn't have the lire(it's debut was in 1996) to
meet production requirements and the factory was purchased by the US
importer (Qvale.)

	--Mark