Metric conversion

It is absurdly simple to convert miles to km and vice versa. Miles times
1.6 equals km and km times .6 is miles. Years of driving in Canada where
the two units are still used by anyone born before about1970 has made me
"binumeral"

Fuel consumption is a different matter however, as we quote actual
consumption as litres per 100 km (absurdly easy to calculate) whereas the
miles guys used to calculate mileage which is miles per gallon, actually
more difficult to calculate and ultimately a less useful number. Fuel
consumption directly relates quantity of fuel to a fixed distance and also
allows immediate cost per unit of distance to be calculated.

Just try converting l/100km to mpg (Imperial or US) and you'll see what I mean.

Cheers

Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta,Canada
91 Alfa 164L