speedometer swap

I put a european instrument cluster in my 164 and I did not have to
perform any calibration. However, the 164 was sold in europe with 2 (as
far as I know) different instrument clusters: one that had the top speed
on the gauge labeled as 240km/h, and one that said 260km/h. The 2.0V6
turbo and the 3.0V6 had the 260km/h speedo, and all others (again, as far
as I know) had the 240km/h speedo. I would assume these two have
different calibrations, but I am not sure. The U.S. model went up to
160mph, which is closes to 260km/h. I put the 260km/h speedo in my
american spec 164 and had no problems. In fact, my U.S. speedo was
incredibly inaccurate, and the european one solved my problem!

later,

Karl
'91 164L
'95 164Q