Gearbox wire and other stuff

Thanks to all who answered about the horn wire...shoulda figured that
one out myself but its not sticking out on the other end of the
column. Have to dig around and find it I guess.
While we're on the subject of steering boxes... I'm getting prepared
to change mine and looking in the engine bay I really don't see how its
going to just slide out like the service manual says it should. Does
it really slide down and wiggle free? I see a suspension mounting
point that looks to be in the way. Turning the box might help but my
headers are pretty close. Hows it slide out? Any cool words of wisdom?
The book makes it sound like an easy task and it may be but it sure
looks like a tight fit.

Thanks,

Ed
Loveland, CO.