Milano > Arese

In a message dated 4/11/2002 11:04:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> In May I thought I'd spend a week in Italy on the way home from Stuttgart.
> I plan to take the train from Stuttgart to Turin, perhaps stopping in
> Milano. I believe that the Alfa Romeo museum is quite a way out of town. I
> am not planning on driving in Italy, does anyone know if its feasible to
> get to the museum by train or taxi? I just can't figure it out from the
> maps I have been able to buy here.

Catching up on past Digests so forgive me if this has been addressed.

Arese (Museo) is pretty far outside Milano and I bet going in a taxi would be
VERY expensive.  More, I don't know if you could really expect to find
another cab to take you back.

I think there is bus and or local rail service, but you would still almost
surely need a cab in Arese to the Museo.  Phone to make sure they'll really
be open when you plan to arrive.

Yes, it is WORTH THE TRIP and a little bother getting there.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA