water pump fail, help

Late last week my 79 spider was leaking a bit of water and I determined that
the water pump was fixin to go out. I then nursed the car along, constantly
checking water levels and then the water leak got worse and worse. I then
tried to start the car to move it around and the engine backfired a lot and
when it did get running, was sounding like a lawn mower engine. I have a
water pump on it's way and I also did a compression check with the following
results, counting from firewall up towards the front of the car;

90 psi
95 psi
135 psi
85 psi

Is this a bad set of readings? I don't have the money for a rebuild right
now, but desperately want to keep this puppy alive until I can. I have
checked the oil dipstick and am not seeing any milkshake, only oil. And all
thoughts are needed!

Thanks,
Pat
Dallas