Re: Slotted / Grooved rotors

Hi All,

There's a relationship between pad material, disc material and coeff of
friction and temp. The pads/disc can't be too hot or too cold. Surface
area, as I was told by my highschool physics teacher, is unrelated to
frictional forces. But it gives you more area to sink the heat.

Avoid cross drilled rotors. Just get normal rotors and good pads (i.e.
Porterfield R4-S), they should be good for occasional track use and
wine tours (btw, drinking and driving? ;-) )

BTW my brakes are so spongy now...I wonder why....

Oh yes, need help from the Gurus on the digest. My wilwoods are weeping
(very very slightly) brake fluid from the bleed screws. Should I use
teflon tape on the bleed screw or somekind of special sealant
compatible with brake fluid?

Thanks for any help!

Regards,

Zamani