RE: grooved disks increasing brake disc area....

> I am still trying to figure this one out. Grooved or slotted, either way,
> how have you increased the surface area? In addition, if you still have
the
> same size pads, how have you made any difference to the area being
clamped?

If you cut a line along the radius of a grooved rotor and looked at it from
the side, you'd see something that looks like this:

Where stock would look like this:

Once the pad beds into the rotor, you have increased the surface area of pad
to rotor.

bs