slotted rotors

  Slotted rotors will make a difference in any kind of braking - you have
>  essentially increased the surface area of the disk, and therefore will
>  experience increased braking power under most conditions, street included.

Brian - or anyone - please explain how surface area is increased with
slots.  That's over my head.

BTW :  the slots expel gases which might otherwise float the pads.

IMHO - I am willing to be corrected - few in any would be able to
sense the diff between slotted and unslotted brakes on the street.
(Yes, in part in depends on how one street drives. )

Thanks

David