slotted rotors

Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 18:24:40 -0500
From: David Ziglin <davidz@domain.elided>
Subject: slotted rotors

  Slotted rotors will make a difference in any kind of braking - you have
>  essentially increased the surface area of the disk, and therefore will
>  experience increased braking power under most conditions, street
included.

What am I missing here? I thought any time you removed metal from the
surface of the rotor, be it drilled or slotted, that you remove surface area
and not increased the area. If my math is correct and it probably isn't, if
you drilled 25,  <" holes you would lose 3.025" of area. And if the rotors
surface is 2" and you put 10, 1/8" slots you would lose 2.5".

Help me if I'm wrong.

Cordova Ralph
Ralph Fetsch
Cordova Tennessee