Re: Spider Vent Window Latch Glue

> Finally got around to gluing my vent window latches on after all the
> advice from the digest.  Used Permatex Rearview Mirror Adhesive, a two
> part glue found almost everywhere.  Cheap, and it seems to work.
> They've been on for about a week.  Will let you know when the first one
> falls off again.

  A note about glueing stuff..

One thing I've noticed, in doing a lot of work with epoxy, is that the
slightest trace of grease, fingerprints or dirt can make a huge
difference in how good your bond ends up, especially on smooth stuff
like glass or metal.

So, make sure both surfaces are REALLY CLEAN, wipe off and scrub with
rubbing alcohol or some such, before gluing, and you'll give whatever
you use the best chance to last.

Jon