Spider clutch pivot lever WARNING!

Just a heads up...there seem to be a bad batch of OEM
Spider clutch pivot levers going around!

I installed a BRAND NEW one from IAP and the weld BROKE
the FIRST time I pushed the clutch in.

A local Alfa Romeo mechanic also installed another new
one that same day in a customer's car, this one ordered
from Paul Spruell in Atlanta, and it also broke while he
pulled the car out of the shop.

I ordered ANOTHER one, this time from Vick's in TX and
decided in the meantime to take my broken new one to a
welding shop.

Guy did an INCREDIBLE job welding the piece the way it
should have been done at the factory.  Looks awesome,
very strong, fits perfectly, only charged me $5!
Installed without problem and clutch pedal is PERFECT!

Car is ready to go for the sunny weekend!

I definitely suggest reinforcing even a new clutch pivot
lever in this way before installation just for piece of
mind and reliability.  The original design seems very
weak and obviously has a high failure rate.

The new one I had did not completely break but when
under load, the shaft would move inside the arm.  I
marked the proper angle, the welder used a ginder to
clean up the joint between the shaft and arm, and then
put a beautiful high-strength bead all the way around.
The weld was only 1/8-1/4" in height so there were no
fitment problems with the pedal box.

Later!

Jeff