Clutch pedal shaft or Pressure plate?

Hello all,
 My 91 spider is acting up since last week. The clutch pedal vibrates & makes terrible screeching sound when depressed. Without the engine running, I can hear the clunking sound when I pressed the clutch pedal. The clutch master and slave seems to operate correctly. No fluid was leaking. The clutch pedal height is the same as the brake pedal. The shaft can be move slightly sideway.
 Since the screech noise last week to now, the car starts to grind when I shift to 1st or reverse. There's no sign of clutch slipping or anything like that when it's in gear.
 The clutch seems to be heavier. I don't know if it's the pressure plate, the throw out bearing, the clutch or the shaft itself. All the symptoms can be either one.
 Can someone please give me some tips on how to isolate the problem? I don't know if I have to replace the shaft, the clutch or all of these above.

Thanks,

Louis,

91 Spider Veloce,
Sunnyvale, CA