a warning to 164 owners in shopping centers!

Yesterday, I stopped in a small shopping center, set up like any other.
I parked against the wheel stop as did everyone else, and went in to a
restaurant.

I came out, started the car and bscked out slowly. Slowly became STOP,
as I heard crunching and tearing up front. What had happened was that
the wheel stop was ever so slightly too high. The bottom of the bumper
(read air dam--sorta) had easily slid over the too high stop without
making any noise, and when I backed up, had caught on the stop which
then ripped the bumper off the car (actually only half, but the whole
thing is ruined.)

I now will have to spend around $1,000 to fix this stupid incident..No,
I don't think I would win a lawsuit (they wouold claim the car was too
low, I forced it over the top, I was a stinky irresponsible and stupid
driver etc etc  etc. ('course, that last might be accurate!)

Anyhow, take a look before you back up in a similar situation!!!!

=====
Best Regards,

Alan Lambert
http://greetings.yahoo.com/